Thursday, January 10, 2008

Copy Cat

My wife and I were having a conversation earlier today and we both noticed how our two year old son would speak while we were speaking. He can currently construct basic sentences but in that moment he was copying us. He even copied my hand gestures. This got me thinking about parents as role-models. However we choose to be in the presence of our kids is how they will aspire to be. This is how we become the benchmark for our kids. This is how I am able to be both the best and worst of my childhood care-givers.

We had guests for the holidays. They stayed with us for 3 weeks. They included a 4 year old boy and an 8 year old girl. My son, the two year old mentioned above, was a walking mirror. He copied all their good habits as well as their bad ones. My son has been in boot camp since our guests left. Hopefully we can regain some of the discipline he entered the holidays with :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment