Saturday, October 17, 2009

Dodging a Nr 2 Nappy Change :D

What follows is my account of one of those unspoken (and probably unwritten) experiences that parents of babies have when it comes to changing nr 2 nappies, enjoy the comedy.

We've somehow managed to potty-train our eldest boy a little while ago. Our youngest is still using nappies (about 20mths at the time of writing) which means that we probably have another year of nappy changing to go. Both my wife and I are quick to change a nr 1 nappy, no wet wipes required. However, a nr 2 is where the fun and games begin. The list of excuses we've both used are endless when it comes to NOT wanting to change a number 2. From having a headache, to a backpain, to claims of nausea, to running out of the room before the other is aware of the impending change.

We had a nr 2 experience last night. So, there we were watching TV together as a family when I became aware of a nr 2 odour in our midst. Within 2 minutes the odour had invaded the entire room. So, I asked the question which led both of us to instinctively haul excuses at each other as mentioned above. At some point I ran out of our bedroom and locked the door from the outside. My wife, suffocating, ran through the other door into the bathroom, leaving our youngest boy in the nr 2 cloud. About 15 seconds later I caved, and fetched our boy to take him to the changing station. The nr 2 changing process was regularly interrupted by sprints out of the room to take a few deep breaths and then back again into the war zone. I can't imagine changing someone elses child, with my boys I do it out of love for them and for no other reason.

Needless to say we found  ourselves in a catch 22, i.e. either we opened the bedroom window and then introduce a mosquito problem or we could leave the window closed and deal with the odour in another way. We eventually lit an incense stick and within 5 minutes we were watching TV again :D

No comments:

Post a Comment