Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Today at the Spa

My wifey and I spent the day at the Sanctuary Spa at the Twelve Apostles hotel in Cape Town (the pic insert to your left). I've had my fair share of spas in the past, some great and others not so good. Today was one of my best experiences. They're not the cheapest but our money was well spent. Our package included a Swedish massage, lunch, a pedi and an hour long facial. We also had access to (and thoroughly exploited) the spa's facilities which included a sauna, hot and cold pools, floatation tank, chill room and fruit buffet. It was a treat. Also, it was clean. A sign of a good experience is that it feels like it happened too quickly, this was how it felt with each of the treatments. No, I'm not getting paid to write this. I do, however, feel that credit should be given where it's due. Good customer service is rare.

My masseuse asked me what the occassion was, why we decided to spoil ourselves? I explained that today was an opportunity for my wife and I to reconnect. We live very busy lives and spend most of our awake time working, whether to see to our kids or whether at work. The morale of the story? Make time to reconnect with your spouse. Remember, if you "lucky", the kids will move out after 20 years or so leaving you with your spouse in possibly a large empty house. Imagine how strained your relationship could be after 20 years of "no speaking or listening to each other". This is the reality of many today. Make every moment count!

No comments:

Post a Comment