Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fairwell at News Cafe in Blouberg

A friend of ours had her fairwell at the News Cafe (#NewsCafe) in #Blouberg earlier this evening. There was about 14 of us sitting upstairs alongside a window overlooking the bay, a truly amazing view. The service was good. The food was good (tapas-style). Our waiter, Lemmy, was at our beck and call. He even ventured off into the evening to buy a friend (one of the 14) a pack of cigarettes from the store down the road. The evening was less about the food and drinks and more about the conversation. Nevertheless, the drinks flowed and the food came in waves.

The News Cafe uses wireless ATM / Credit Card machines, a very important security consideration, i.e. as a client I would prefer that my card is swiped in plain view by my waiter using a wireless machine at my table. Why? because this way I reduce the likelihood of fraud or some other form of identity theft.

No comments:

Post a Comment