Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend Roadtrip

Returned earlier this afternoon from a weekend roadtrip along the southcoast of South Africa from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth and back. The countryside was nothing less than breathtaking, mostly a lush green with many hues of green and brown in between. Lots of roadworks, no doubt in preparation for the coming 2010 Football worldcup. We had a big family reunion, one evening of reconnecting with cousins, siblings, uncles, aunts, mom, dad, and friends of old. The experience, inspirational and rejuvinating. It was a great weekend and it's fantastic to be home again, my sanctuary.

We stopped about 3 times in each direction, each time giving the kids an opportunity to "stretch" their legs (and exhaust themselves). My brother and his family accompanied us on our way back. It was lovely having them along while driving in our two-car convoy. Sometimes he kept the pace and sometimes I did. This helped with staying awake for the roughly 8 hour trip (each direction).

It was amazing to see our children playing with their cousings, wanting to be with their cousins 24x7. I remember having tons of fun with my cousins while growing up. We got up to mischief, as most kids would to. Today I have two sons and I can only imagine what they are getting up to that I'll never know about. Karma is a beach :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment