Friday, August 14, 2009

The effect of Comprise

The Oxford dictionary defines compromise as "an agreement reached by each side making concessions". Compromising by giving up some of my social and/or work activities so that my partner can attend to something that she regards as being more of a priority is not easy. It may (has in the past) induce resentment within me, with resentment being equated to the process of drinking poison hoping the other will die.

It did, however, make it easier to accept the situation when I came to realise that, in the grander scheme of things, the end result was worth it. In the end we choose whether or not we would like to work together to build a great future for ourselves and our children. This is done through our actions, through my actions.

The effect of Comprising for the sake of the other may (has in my case) facilitate a healthier relationship. Also think about this ito being a living example to (y)our children by demonstrating a healthy behavioural pattern.

I'm in no way suggesting that one should live for the other. Instead, I'm suggesting that it's healthy to invest some effort in attaining a balance between all that is me and all that is us.

No comments:

Post a Comment