Monday, August 3, 2009

Peeking over the edge


Imagine standing at the entrance to a door. Imagine that it's your first time at this particular door. Imagine not knowing what to expect should you decide to pass through the door. In life we sometimes find ourselves at the edge of our existence, a boundary that separates the familiar from the unfamiliar, a place where a decision is needed, i.e. do I go through the door or not.

When I find myself in this place then I also find myself justifying why I should not go through the door, why I should turn around and walk the other way. The thing about being human is that we do not know what our future holds for us. We don't know whether we will get up for work tomorrow morning, we don't know what the traffic will be like on our way to work tomorrow morning and we don't know what people are thinking. There is a lot we don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment